The simple answer is yes. Social media has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 5 years. Twitter alone has amassed almost 200 million users since its launch in 2006. Suddenly social media has become a force that no business can afford to ignore. But how do you make this overwhelming content relevant to your business? There are some fantastic tools out there to help you leverage this information to optimize your business growth. We’ll review the top 3 business social media sites and explain how your CRM may be the key to unlocking the potential of social media.
1. LinkedIn: Linked In is an online network of over 90 million people from over 200 countries and territories. It contains a wealth of information about companies that you want to do business with and can be even more powerful when linked with your CRM.
- Get information faster
A 2010 Keystroke Level Modeling Kit revealed that it is over 30x faster to access a LinkedIn profile within CRM than having to exit the application to search on LinkedIn.com.
- Target your Marketing
Target specific groups by keyword search and add to a CRM marketing campaign or email list to begin actively marketing to them.
- Dig Deeper
Once you have a prospect, you can use your CRM/LinkedIn integration to add company information to the CRM database and have all of their latest information at your fingertips.
2. Twitter: While tweets are short, they are a window into the mind of your prospects, customers and competitors. Twitter is one of the fastest growing social media tools and can be very useful to your business.
- View all tweets from a Dashboard
Most CRM systems have a twitter dashboard to view and post to your twitter feed. Why is this helpful? It can help you stay on top of your industry without seeking out the information independently.
- Link to Marketing Campaigns
When you tweet information, it’s vital to know if it has resonated with your audience. Link your tweets to a specific marketing campaign and view the results within CRM.
3. Blogs & Websites: Your CRM system can help you navigate the blogosphere by giving you a dashboard view of the following:
- Custom blog feed of blogs that apply to your specific role
- Company Facebook feeds
- Online Community Conversations
Social Media is a growing force in the world of business and we all need help managing the influx of information. By rolling social media into CRM, it simplifies the entire process and gives you an easy way to engage your customers and prospects.
Ready to learn more? Register for one of our upcoming webinars.