Information technology (IT) is a vital element in most business processes. Because IT resources are so essential to an organization’s
success, it is critical that the services provided by these systems are able to operate effectively without excessive interruption. Contingency
planning supports this requirement by establishing thorough plans and procedures and technical measures that can enable a system to be recovered
quickly and effectively following a service disruption or disaster. The Top Ten List below outlines some key items for consideration as you develop
your own IT Contingency Plan.
1. Inventory systems and applications in use.
2. Analyze business impact and determine Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Service Level Requirements (SLR) for:
a. Computer equipment
b. Network/communications equipment
c. Applications and data
3. Develop a recovery strategy.
4. Document the recovery team, responsibilities and contact information.
5. Develop and document procedures for:
b. Emergency Response
c. Training and plan maintenance
6. Document a communications plan.
7. Develop a test plan and execute it regularly.
8. Train staff and practice on scheduled basis.
9. Acquire and stock equipment “spares” and software or predetermine and document where these items can be obtained in an emergency.
10. Review and revise the plan annually.
More information and resources on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning can be found at:
Axis Global Partners has partnered with CoreVault to bring our clients an automated off-site data backup and recovery solution to help you
address this important element in a solid contingency plan. CoreVault’s software, privately owned fiber optic network, private data centers,
dual vaults, and word class customer support allow CoreVault to provide reliable and easy-to-use solutions to meet businesses’ growing data
management needs. In addition, CoreVault’s backup solutions can ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, while providing a true
disaster recovery solution for your business.
Take advantage of a 30 day risk free trial to experience how CoreVault Secure™ can enhance your data protection processes. To find out more
about how to get started protecting your data today, contact Manny Buigas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (305) 418-9440.